24 May 2007

Some Wii Frivolity...

Well, we went out and bought the Wii. We traded in the PS2, and I'm surprised we got what we did for it. That thing was OLD. We ended up paying about $200 for the Wii and this and that to get it all started. Normally, I would care about this amount of money, but my husband works so hard, and we're super responsible. I think we tend to forget that we're so young and in a very fun part of our lives. Our life revolves around saving money, paying down debt, house-shopping, feeding the baby, our 401(k) and the 40-hour week, so this is a warranted event.
After GameStop, we went shopping for Laura, since next week is my birthday and I'm in desperate need of new "not maternity" clothes. Andrew just told me to buy whatever I wanted and have fun, so I did. While it's a very empowering experience, having a baby can do a number on your self-esteem, even when your husband can't stop telling you how gorgeous you look post baby. With my body changing so much and so fast, it's hard to feel pretty on a daily basis. It's really a rollercoaster of "wow, look at that"s and "ew, please remove the mirror from the room"s. I found some cute things, and I'm excited about having clothes that fit. I'm in my prepregnancy jeans today, and feeling good, and paired with a new shirt, I feel unstoppable. Lucy and I have to run out and exchange a dress this afternoon, and I hope Suz comes with us to keep me company. Not that Lucy isn't an excellent shopping buddy, but she's proving to be a bit of a snooze when it comes to having someone who responds to me. She always has the same look on her face- just not the active listener I was hoping for. :-)
So, I need to scoot. We're both clean and bathed and ready to get out for a bit. I do need to mention that Lu's lavender baby wash makes her smell like a little old lady. Lucky for her, she's a very cute little old lady. Nevertheless, I can't help but think she's going to beat me in bridge one of these days very soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Laura...the best thing I can suggest post baby is go get a pedi/mani and/or a hair cut! That's one way to boost the selfesteem for sure! Good luck, and Lucy is just the cutest, adorable little girl! Take Care,
Jenn (JJ)

April said...

Oh no! I asked for that baby wash for Christian too.... I don't want my little boy to smell like an old lady! That is just too much!

April said...

I just got home and I have a backpack full of games for Andrew sitting on my couch. He should be VERY excited!