08 October 2008

17 Things I Love About 17-Month-Old Lucy

  • I love the way she puckers her lips up for a kiss when she knows she's about to be in major trouble. She reminds me of her daddy so much.
  • I love her "cheese" face. I have a picture of Andrew at the same age, doing the same thing, and it's like looking at a copy of that picture every time.
  • I love the way she climbs up on the back of the couch to watch for Daddy after her afternoon nap.
  • I love how sneaky she is. She's a real little operator and I love watching her scary little mind think of things to "get me" with.
  • I love the way she and her daddy kiss, high-five and pound fists every time he holds her.
  • I love putting her to bed. She gets so excited to hold all of her bedtime items and snuggle into her Boppy for a good snooze.
  • I love the way she mothers her babies.
  • I love watching her watch "A Baby Story." She watches so closely and even cries with the mommies and screams with joy when she sees the baby for the first time.
  • I love watching her use a spoon. She's so proud of herself when she eats like a big person.
  • I love when she gets clumsy tired after 7pm and becomes a major drama queen if she bumps gently into anything.
  • I love when you hug her and say "squeeeeeeze" she squeezes you back with all her might.
  • I love her dirty sweaty little kid smell.
  • I love fresh & clean out-of-the-bath smell.
  • I love when Laura takes her hair out of the pigtails and her hair remains in the shape of pigtails, all curly & crazy.
  • I love the way she says "NO Maple"!
  • I love that she's left handed (or so we think at this point); who would've thought! A leftie! She never stops surprising
  • I love that Lucy has inherited Laura's affection for chocolate (sneaking it around the Thanksgiving/Halloween holidays)!
  • I love the way she fights having her teeth brushed but shortly after mom & dad clean them she's eager to hold the toothbrush herself and let it vibrate between her lips as she sucks all the yummy toothpaste off!
  • I love her fascination with shoes and sandals. She constantly brings us shoes that she wants put on her feet. Frequently she grabs my flip-flops and puts them on my feet.
  • I love the way she pulls the diaper bag to the front door and screams like a manic whenever she wants to "GO". (Note: We actually have stopped saying "GO" and now spell it because she knows what it means and regardless of the context, grabs shoes, grabs the diaper bag & heads to the front door!)
  • I love her enthusiasm for being outdoors - just like her mom & dad
  • I love watching her pass out in her carseat where her head lays forward gently and her chubby cheeks puff up/out.
  • I love when her pacifier falls onto her chest when she's sleeping and in her sleep she desperately searches for it with her mouth open and her head aimlessly waving around.
  • I love watching my girls fall asleep on the couch, basking in the sun, especially on lazy weekend days this autumn as we welcome the cold weather this year.
  • I love watching Laura hold her, cuddle her, kiss her and love her with the same motherly care Gma Susie showed Mrs. Jen and Mrs. Jen showed Laura. I'm honored to play a small role in that strong maternal pact!
  • I love watching her get startled every time I pour water over her head in the bathtub. Confession: It's so cute that sometimes I pour water on her head more than necessary to wash the soap/shampoo off!
  • I love watching her break a sweat as she climbs up and down those stairs (she's getting so GOOD at it)!
  • I love when she plays in the cars, Bonnie/Escape & S10 while we do yard work in the front yard. She thinks she's so big "driving" the cars! There's very few things cuter on God's green Earth than Lucy playing in Bonnie.
  • I love that Laura commits herself day in & day out to loving Lucy with everything she's got. I love that this attention that Laura is able to provide Lucy is evident in Lucy's excellent behavior every evening & on the weekends. Yes, she has her "redhead" moments, but they're infrequent and it's because Laura is raising her RIGHT!

NOTE: THIS COULD BE MORE THAN 17, I JUST GOT HAVE A LOT OF LOVE! AND FRANKLY, I HAVE NOT BEEN CONTRIBUTING TO THIS BLOG NEARLY AS MUCH AS I'D LIKE. HOPEFULLY ONCE THIS MBA IS DONE, BONNIE IS RUNNING & THE BASEMENT & DECK ARE FINISHED, I'LL GET SOME MORE TIME TO DO SO! LUVYA (BOTH).

No comments: