13 October 2008

Whew. I'm pooped.

Lucy and I have to be at playgroup in exactly 2 hours. Ugh. I did get a nice long uninterrupted night of sleep, so that was just wonderful. AND, Andrew rubbed my feet until I forgot they were there. That was blissful. But I'm still pooped.

Lucy has just decided that she's not going to eat breakfast this morning, so I may have to finish this later.

The weekend was wonderful! Tonight I'll upload pics to a facebook album and link it when I get a chance. On Friday we had a pretty relaxing day with Andrew, who has every other Friday off. We did stuff around the house and he helped me with man duties like hanging things and yardwork. Nice guy. We also went pinata shopping.

On Saturday, we actually got to go out to lunch before the party! Our day was lots of fun getting ready for everyone to get here. It was fun "working" with Andrew on something. Other than parenting, we never have any time for projects together and we've always had fun doing stuff like this, so it was nice to have the weekend together.
Lisa, Michael and the kids and Mom, Tim and the Boys all got here early, which was nice. Once the party got going, we had a LOT of people running around, so I was happy to have my mom around for a little bit before.
The party was awesome and lots of fun. We were busy, but it was a lot of fun to see everyone and it meant so much that everyone actually came. I hear the drive up was gorgeous - October in the Alleghenies is always so beautiful and Saturday was a perfect day for driving.
We broke the news about Little Miss C with a pinata. We told the kids that pink and red candy inside meant a girl and blue and green meant a boy. Turns out just about everyone was guessing it was a boy, so the pink candy was a big surprise!
We had about 35 people here and it was so nice to all be together here. :-)

On Sunday, we had about 12 people here for pancakes and then we went to church. What an ordeal. We filled Cook Chapel with lots of gabby kids - it's a pretty small space, so kid noise is definitely magnified! Once Mass was over we all came back here for party leftovers, PB&J and pumpkin carving. We had a contest and the kids really got into it.
Everyone left around 4 or 5 and we stayed in to decompress and recover from the big weekend. Lisa and Michael and the kids stayed until 8 or 9, so it was nice to have some extra time with them! Josiah and Lydia are just so cute and Josiah is such a polite little guy. After a candy-snatching incident caught by Mommy, he tearfully said, "Aunt Laura, I'm sorry I took the candy without asking. Can I have a little in a bag for tomorrow?" All this from a not-yet-two-and-a-half-year-old. He's just so articulate and cute!

This morning Lucy slept until 6:30, so THAT was just luxurious! She did so great this weekend, napping through the chaos, playing cheerfully without a peep, going to bed without a whimper. She's such a trooper. I'm so excited to have today to spend with her! I missed her this weekend, being so busy with everything that was going on. We're going to head to playgroup and then to the library to turn in our books. I can't wait to have a quiet day! :-)

No comments: