05 October 2008

Whew....I'm pooped.

We decided to tackle the attic today. Lucy had plenty of fun, but Daddy and Mommy are tired and sore, and there's no end in sight! We had to break for naptime since Lucy's room is next to the attic.
We pulled out a lot of Goodwill stuff and are busily rearranging. I also took the opportunity to pull out all of the baby clothes to see what we could use for baby #2. Boy do we have a lot of clothes! I found some good onesies and sleepsacks and our infant carriers and stuff. I was pleased and I think I'll be able to avoid some shopping, thanks to all of the hand-me-downs we've received from so many generous people. You sure aren't as picky with #2, are you? With #1 you want everything to be fresh and new and perfect, and with #2 you know just how desperate you're going to be for any clean clothes you can get your hands on!
I'm not going to do any shopping yet, so as not to give away the gender before the party, but I am making lists and getting ready to spend! Poor Andrew is walking around here in a constant state of shock these days with all of my plans and lists. He just doesn't deserve this. We found the rainfly for the tent in the attic and I could see the wheels turning. I think he's going to move into the backyard and live with Maple.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! The weeks and months are flying by. "Febby's" birth day is really not that far off, and we are so excited. We are guessing Boy. Don't know why, really, but have felt that for awhile now.
Have fun with all your preparations. It is such a wonderful time in your lives. Some of the best times!!
Love you all,
Grandma (Grandpa's asleep!)