27 October 2008

Up All Night.

Well, Lucy has managed to wake up every 2 hours all night long. This isn't my baby! MY baby sleeps all night without a peep. I think the baby that replaced her is teething. Andrew and I are sleeping upstairs anyway because Lisa and the kids are there, so at least we don't have to walk across the house to her every time. I came downstairs because I couldn't wait to go to the bathroom again, but if I go back UP the stairs, I'll definitely wake her, so I'm kind of stranded down here until I hear her again. I can always sleep on the couch, but I went to bed at 9 so I've already had a pretty long night of sleep. It's 6 now, so I guess I'll just wait til she stirs again.
I'm not sure how Lisa's night went, but I passed her at 5:30 in the kitchen and I've been hearing Josiah talking in the bedroom, so I'm guessing she's tired, too. What a night. Around 4 this really weird siren went off for a really long time. I have no idea what it was.
However, even though it was a long night, we're all safe and warm and will make it just fine. Perspective Laura, perspective. This morning I'm praying for a family in Arizona who isn't together and isn't complaining about teething. Sometimes life just isn't fair or kind. Lucy's teething? Just a tiny little bump in my day. I do, however, wish I could sneak back upstairs and snuggle with Andrew. Bummer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been keeping up with this story since it happend. Don't know if you have the link to her blog..

http://nieniedialogues.com/

Suzzy said...

ugh, that blog you linked in your post made me all weepy.