07 October 2008

You have GOT to be kidding me.

Yesterday was a nightmare day, medically speaking. I had a very strange thing happen and ended up spending the afternoon doing a lot of tests and Andrew had to take the day off work to drive me, since that was iffy too. Just a crazy day.
Well, after playgroup Lucy napped peacefully for 2 hours. She woke up chipper and had a dandy day playing with Daddy in waiting rooms across the county. We all had scrambled eggs and potatoes for dinner and I put her in the bath around 7. As she was playing, I saw another rogue molar in the TOP of her mouth, same side as the other one. I thought, "Hm. That's odd."
We put her to bed around 7:30 pm. As I sit here at 6:36 am, I still have yet to hear more than a peep out of her all night. That little booger. Is it possible she was teething on one tooth for 3.5 weeks?!?! Lucy's teeth always surprise us, because 9 times out of 10, we never have any idea that they're coming. She's a very happy teether. We've mostly stopped anticipating them because she never needs Tylenol. Right about the time we stopped assuming this was another tooth, she stopped sleeping for 3 weeks. And because she goes back to sleep so easily, I would never think she was in pain. But I hear the top teeth hurt more, so who knows...now I'm just baffled.
So tonight, we're doing everything exactly the same, just like we used to do superstitiously when she was tiny and we were hoping she'd sleep through the night more than once. Please pray that this tooth was the problem and we're going to get our baby back...

1 comment:

Lisa Marie said...

Well hey, that's great!! It probably WAS just that tooth! Molars hurt worse and I've heard top teeth hurt more too. That's great that she had a better day/night and I will pray it continues. I did pray for you both especially yesterday! I am thinking about you and we can't wait to see you! Love and Prayers.