03 November 2008

Happy Viability Day, Phoebe Jane!

Well, today is Phoebe's viability day! She's 24 weeks young and all systems are working. She's a very wiggly little girl and seems to know right where Mama's bladder is. She also listens very closely for Lucy now and as soon as she's close by, Phoebe knows something important is going on! Lucy likes to "POKE POKE POKE!!" my belly button, so I'm guessing that has something to do with it.
I'm getting a lot bigger belly-wise and am getting lots of questions from people now. We just can't wait to meet Phoebe and see what she looks like. She's definitely more active than Lucy was, which worries me a little bit...
I'm starting to understand why people don't share baby names until the baby is born. Everyone is asking her name now, and we get a lot of "Oh...cute..."and then a quizzical look, as if to say, "Why would you name your kid something so weird?" And to think we saw it and said, "What a cute name!" Maybe we'll make the next one MacKenzie or Sophia like everyone else we know. I just don't think either of those go very well with our quirky Lucy. It's going to be hard to rival a kid who bumps fists and yells "See ya, Toots!" so I figure the name is a good place to start.
And speaking of which, hearing Lucy call her Daddy "Toots" is just about the cutest thing I've ever heard.

3 comments:

SpunkyToes said...

I can't believe it's already 24wks! That went fast. Hang in there.

Emily said...

Phoebe Jane is SO PERFECT for your family. It was my vote on your poll, but I never actually voted and I saw that everyone else was going for Molly- cute, but not "Cooke Cute." Plus, it made me laugh out loud (not at the name) because on Friends when Rachel is trying to name her baby, Phoebe suggests "If it's a girl, Phoebe. And if it's a boy, Phoebo." It's so hilarious and since Josh and I agree on NO names, boy or girl, whenever we talk about it, we always come to that! Bottom line, your baby you get to name her. I myself have considered making the name a surprise so as not to get everyone telling me who it reminds them of or why they hate it. My sister has said over and over that people are so rude when you're pregnant. MINDYOUROWNBUSINESS! Anyway, I love you guys and I love Phoebe. :) Happy viability day!

Janet said...

I love the name Phoebe Jane!

Or maybe it's just me, because I think classic names are great. Anyway, it's what YOU like that matters.