03 November 2008

Long Day? I Think So.

Well, Lucy was up at 4am this morning. She did not take a nap. All day. I gave her almost an hour of fussing at 1pm, but no dice. In our "new plan," Lucy's bedtime is 8pm. So, tonight we had dinner at 6pm and Lucy got in the bath at 6:45. After her bath we brushed teeth and did bedtime lotion, and then we all went upstairs to clean up Lucy's room and the den, to listen to the noise machine and to read some books quietly. We also put some of her books in her crib and gave her a tour of where everything was.
I am exhausted. A pregnant, sick Mama should not get up at 4 and stay up til 8. That's for 18-month-olds. I think I'm going to hit the hay very shortly. Andrew and Maple are playing in the living room, so hopefully she'll go to bed soon, too. She's getting huge. She's got her mama's coloring, but she's going to have her daddy's size. At 5 months, her back is even with the window sills. That's a big 5 month-old.
Tomorrow is election day. That also makes me tired. We're all going to vote at 7am, when the polls open. That way Andrew can help me with Lucy if I end up waiting in line.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoying so much reading all that you are up to these days. It is so nice to see pictures in your blog again - and such cute pictures, too. I think I myself will be relieved for you once you give birth. It makes me tired just reading about how tired you are. Take care of yourself. Don't do today what you can put off until tomorrow. Silly advice to someone who prefers to be on the go!
All is fine here. We wish we could look forward to tomorrow. This is our first experience with such apprehensive feelings about a presidential election. It's a good thing we know Who really runs the show!
Love each of you mucho. God bless.
Grandma Susie and Grandpa Dick