22 November 2008

A little time to blog...

It's 5:41 am. Lucy is eating Blueberry Muffintops cereal in "her chair" and drinking her milk while she watching Blue's Holiday for the billionth time. (Thank you, Kathleen, for this media miracle!) She now has a special chair in the living room and she just loves curling up in it to watch Blue's Clues and chat with us. We rearranged the living room and we now have a LOT of space. I love it SO much. Our cable still isn't hooked up in the right place because Andrew has to go outside and drill through the brick to get it into the basement and then through the floor and the wall on the other side of the room. So, we've just been watching DVDs and having some TV free time. Yesterday we put The Glen Miller Story on because that movie just warms up the whole house. It's just the sweetest movie ever made and Lucy loves the music.
PJ is doing well. She's such a little wiggler! Lucy was never wiggly like this. Oh, that leads me to our big announcement! We have decided that we will be having a VBAC downstate. I'll be heading down around 38 weeks and Andrew will wait for news or come down at 41. He has a couple of long weekends in there, so we'll get to see him plenty. I'll be delivering at a hospital birth center with Lisa's midwives, whom I met with last week. The one I met was just so wonderful and understanding. I have to talk to my insurance company about a couple of things, but I think we're making the right decision. It'll be really nice to have people around to help Lucy at the end and I'm really excited about being surrounded by women this time around. I've been doing a lot of research and have learned that a woman who's attended by other women is 40% less likely to have a c-section. At this point I have about a 97% chance of being able to have a successful VBAC. I'm really excited about the prospect of being in a baby-friendly hospital. The midwife said that they would let me go to 42 weeks provided baby was doing well and that I was free to plan the birth I was envisioning. This is REALLY exciting after knowing how things go up here. We'll be staying with Andrew's parents and will have Aunt Lisa and Uncle Michael close by, so I know Lucy will have a comfortable transition from only child to big sister.
Today we're officially in the 3rd trimester! This pregnancy has just gone by so fast! I just can't wait to meet Phoebe. I'm dying to see what she looks like, count her fingers and toes, look at her belly button, search for birthmarks, see how she takes to breastfeeding, introduce her to her big sister, see what color hair she has, decide "who she looks like," just all of those new baby things. Having Lucy was just so magical and exciting. I think I'm ten times more excited this time, knowing what I have to look forward to. Our commitment to a VBAC is also really exciting for me, knowing that I have another shot at delivering my baby in a peaceful and natural way. I have a lot to work through emotionally due to what they refer to as "birth trauma" from Lucy's birth, but I'm just trying to stay positive and concentrate on what my body has to do to get her out. I may end up with another c-section, but I need a fair shot to find out. My last labor and delivery was all drug-induced, so my body has never really been in true labor. I'm really excited at the prospect of doing this "myself."
Well, Blue's Clues is coming to an end, so Lucy will want to be sitting on my lap pushing buttons on the heating pad. I'm having some "pelvic stretching," so I've been on a heating pad for awhile...it's really rather painful, but I hear it's a good sign and since it never happened with Lucy, I'm very happy to feel like I've been kicked in the crotch in the name of the VBAC. Happy Saturday!

No comments: