26 November 2008

God is Good.

This morning has been funny. First of all, we woke up to a LOT of snow. I have no idea how much because you really can't judge inches at our house. We get huge drifts because we're up above the town, so the amazing amount in FRONT of the house usually looks nothing like Main Street just two blocks away. For instance, we have about 5 or 6 inches on our front lawn, but our next door neighbor's roof has no snow. Curious. Anyway, it was enough for Maple to go nuts in the backyard. She's still out there being a Saint Bernard. I think it's so funny that her Akita/Saint Bernard mix is SO dead-on. She sees the snow and just goes insane. She'll spend all day out there, rooting around and digging for victims.
Second, I had an amazing event. I used my check card over the weekend, and promptly lost it on Sunday night. I spent all of Monday and yesterday looking for it. Andrew wanted to take my Escape to work today and if I didn't find my card I'd need my car to get to the bank to withdraw cash, since I wouldn't have my card for last-minute shopping. Blah. So I bundled up and PJ and I trekked out to the car to find it. I put on my jacket and Andrew's giant fleece pants (they come up OVER the belly) and started digging through my car. Nothing. Last night I check all of my jacket pockets and pulled out all sorts of receipts. Nothing. I looked through my dayplanner, where I carry all my cards and stuff. Nothing. Ugh. So I said OUT LOUD, "Saint Anthony, this ain't the time. Where is my card?" I patted my jacket pocket and promptly pulled out my check card. Of course it was the pocket I've checked six times since Sunday. So I came inside laughing and Andrew took my car. He'll like driving that one better for today. Too snowy for the little truck.
Lucy and I are going to be cleaning the house today and getting ready for our visitors. She refused her nap again yesterday afternoon, but after not sleeping all day she went down for bed without a peep and slept right up til 5, when she fell asleep in her special chair watching cartoons. Andrew was kind enough to get up with her and I slept til 7. It was HEAVENLY. So today we're just going to be catching up on housework, since my mama is coming today. We have to do a "Of course you raised me right" cleaning and we need to make a cheese ball for tomorrow. Mom and Tim and the boys will be here sometime this afternoon evening. I'm not sure how traffic will be, but I suppose staying til Sunday will make up for the drive! Mom and I will need to go out tonight for a few last-minute Thanksgiving things; Andrew helped me make my list last night and I think I just have a couple of things to get.
Well, I'm sure I'll be back later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am making the drive this afternoon/evening also. I'm hoping traffic isn't too bad! I can't wait to see you guys. Is Andrew playing football up the street from my parents again this year?
-Kandi

Anonymous said...

Josh says apparently cheese balls are popular in the family right now...we're making one today, too!
Rachel wants to know if Lucy can ride on Maple's back in the snow?
Loved the Sesame Street cartoon!
Uncle Dan has a new job with Del Hur - much to be thankful for. Have a Happy Thanksgiving with everyone. Enjoy the snow for us!
Love,
Brooke and all