01 November 2008

Today could kill us.

Today is Day 1 of Operation Goodbye Pacifier!

Lucy has been getting WAY too attached to her pacis (screaming fits, anyone?) since Andrew went out on business, so now that she has her Daddy back, it's time to say goodbye to her friends.
So, Mama cut all of the pacifier nipples in half. Sure, she can still have them. But there's not much "suck" left in them! I cut them ALL, so tonight may end up being a long one. I brought one out to her at Daddy's truck while they were working, so get her reaction. She sucked on it for a second and told me that it was broken, stuck her finger in it and threw it on the seat of the truck. I told her I had no idea what happened to it.
Normally, Lucy will keep a pacifier in her mouth no matter what. She'll eat around it, talk around it, you name it. She loves 'em, 24 hours a day. I always make her leave it in the car or in the house, so most people haven't seen the obsession. This past week she was going bonkers when I told her to leave them in bed, where she'd normally thrown them in happily before. So...it's time. I am going to put her down for a nap soon. That'll be the real test. I hope she goes down. Mama needs a nap!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When your Mom was about Lucy's age, and it was time to stop using her thumb as a "pacifier", one day we had a talk about stopping the thumb habit. She did. Cold turkey; in one day. No tears. We were very proud of our little girl who seemed to know right off that she could do it.
Lucy is very smart. It sounds like she has it figured out too and life will go on!
Love you all. Enjoyed the e-mails with pictures so much. Very special! The pumpkins were super. Of course you guys carved them (didn't you?)
Grandma and Grandpa