11 February 2009

Come Out & Play, Baby!

I want to meet this baby! I'm going insane. I really am. 

I have an appointment on Friday and am very excited. I'm really hoping for some progress, since I'll be just about 39 weeks and haven't seen my midwife since last Tuesday. 

I had great contractions all night last night, but to no avail. I think I had them most of the time I was sleeping, too. Sigh. That's ok. Lucy and I are having fun this week and I'm having a good time spoiling her before Baby arrives. We have a little Valentine's Day craft planned for Friday and Andrew will be down again this weekend. I'm trying to save my money so that I can take him out to dinner or something fun. 

We got one of our tax refunds in this morning. I was pretty happy about that. It'll be nice to have it before baby arrives, since I'm not sure what our insurance is going to cover, exactly. And, if I end up with a c-section, God forbid, we'll need the extra to cover our deductible! I'm thinking that if we're going to have a baby every other year, it might be a good idea to upgrade to the fancy plan with our next open-enrollment period. I think we're on the "almost fancy" plan right now, and the deductible is a tad high for my liking. Andrew just did the insurance again, so I guess I should check with him on all of this. Maybe Blue Cross changed something to our favor. Ha. 

Lucy and I are going to meet Mom and the boys in Whitemarsh today for a little fun. I'm not really sure what sort of fun, but Lucy is excited about seeing "John and NanNan and _____" She just can't say Paul yet! I told her we might see "Damma" today and she perked right up. Damma should not be confused with MAAAAAAAAM, whom we are living with. I don't even KNOW what she calls me right now, mostly because boring old Mommy really doesn't rate a title or much attention when you're surrounded by Grandparents. Of course, I'm still expected to show up on time at 5am to whisk her to my bed where she sleeps until 6:30 every morning. She also requires that I present chocolate chips after her nap for her approval and keep her milk cup filled to the desired preset amount. But the person who gave her life is summoned by a mish-mash of names left over from naming the two women who REALLY love her, Damma and MAAAAAAAM. My next baby will be more appreciative. 

Well, the smell of toddler poo is in the air and I really need to shower before Lucy loses her sense of humor. 

1 comment:

SpunkyToes said...

Almost time! Hang in there and good luck!