25 February 2009

Noon, no luck.

The contractions went away almost immediately after I wrote that, so now I'm just...hanging out. Lucy is at Grandma's and I'm just trying to relax a little and not be bummed that it was another false alarm. Every day that goes by past my due date is one more closer to not having a successful VBAC for me, but one day closer to meeting Miss X, so I'm just trying to stay positive and know that Little Sister will come right when she's supposed to. The odds for success do decline a little, but God knows how He wants this baby to come out and I'm just leaving it in his hands. Andrew will be here tomorrow and things will be just fine again. I miss him like crazy. I handled a month very well, but a month is definitely my breaking point.

Also, please say a prayer for Andrew. Things are picking up in his world and I know he's got a lot going on and could use some support. We may have exciting things happening for our family in the next few months and could use a little extra prayer for all of the craziness to just keep itself low and easy. We always say we're going to tackle one thing at a time, but God seems to think the C's can handle a lot more than we plan for, doesn't He? I tend to agree with him, being married to Mr. Easy-going. He makes it easy to handle things. I just hope we can get everything in order and make the right decisions for our family as the choices present themselves.

Well, I'm off to shower with my new cranberry body wash. Anything to keep my spirits up, right?? :-) I love new body wash.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WISH WE COULD GIVE YOU A BIG HUG (THOUGH IT MIGHT BE A BIG DIFFICULT)
THINKING OF YOU TODAY AND PRAYING FOR YOU.
LOVE YOU SO MUCH. PLEASE TELL LUCY WE LOVE HER AND GIVE HER A HUG AND KISS.
GRANDMA AND GRANDPA H.

Lisa Marie said...

Excellent! New yummy smelling body was is ALWAYS a great plan at this point! I'm sorry you are feeling so crappy, but YES it is generally a very good sign. I think you'll go soon... I'm determined to help this baby come out the "right" way ;o) ... We'll be keeping the whole family in prayer during this time of transition and change, some known, some unknown! We love you all so much, please let us know if there's anything we can do or any way we can pray specifically for you.
Love and Hugs, Lisa and Co.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there sweet girl...it's hard to let go of the control. But you're right in that God's got it all figured out for you. Just wish His timetable jived with yours a little more. LOL
Love you all and can't wait to see pics of our newest baby girl!

Brooke and all