19 February 2009

Mama's Plea

Dear Baby C,

Come out and meet us! We're incredibly cool people and we let Lucy eat TONS of cookies, so odds are you'll get the same treatment. Enticing, no?
I'm just so excited to meet you. Will you have brown hair? Red hair? Brown eyes? Green eyes? Will you have pale skin like your big sister and daddy, or olive skin like me? Are you going to be 8 pounds, 3 ounces like I'm guessing?
I'm dying to search your big gray baby eyes, play with your pushy little feet, touch your soft baby hair. I can't wait to feed you and do all those mommy things, like looking for birthmarks, putting your weight in your baby books and taking pictures of your little face. I can't wait to clip your too-long newborn nails and put your in your first pink outfit. I'm so excited about introducing you to your big sister. She's going to be so excited when she realizes that you're hers to keep! I think I'll be just as excited.
I'm ok with still being pregnant, but I just really want to see you. And I can't WAIT to introduce you to everyone and tell them your name! Hurry, hurry! We're getting impatient!

Love, Mommy C

No comments: