01 June 2009

My bad day?

I woke up this morning and Molly had spit up all over my side of the bed. But she eats enough to spit up! Lucy has been tearing around the house all day, yelling "Huuuuug!!" But she can talk! As I type this she's howling because I won't let her eat popsicles in the living room. But those little lungs really work, don't they? I didn't get much sleep last night and was feeling pretty sick all night long. But I'm so fortunate to have a job that lets me feel sick and slack off a little. Lucy keeps pulling all the magnets off the fridge and I keep stepping on them. But her fingers work! I miss Andrew today and wish he'd come home already so I have some company. But there's no chance that he'll be coming home to me in a coffin after two years apart, so I guess I can miss him for a day. I've spent the whole day trying to clean a house that never stays clean. But I have a roof over my head and my babies are safe. I can't get a second alone. Lucy just follows me everywhere I go. But I'm not awake at night wondering if she's still alive. Lucy's fascination with floating things in the toilet is driving me batty. But the water in our toilet is still ten times cleaner than many water sources across the world. My office is a mess because it's packed with yard sale items and I just can't organize them the way I want to. But I'm lucky enough to know what it's like to have too much. Andrew and I may never agree on when to have another baby. But we can have babies.

6 comments:

Suzzy said...

this post was worth the extra effort of copy/paste/enlarge in a word doc. how brilliant!

Jennifer Merkel said...

Wow...Awesome post.
There are gifts from God in every corner and every moment of the day. I am so happy for you, that you can see them.

Anonymous said...

This is lovely. You are such a wonderful writer. I just shared this one entry with Rindy Hainstock, your "old" teacher. She will enjoy it. Hope you don't mind. She and I write back and forth.
You are so right about all the blessings. Too many to count, and they far outweigh the silly daily inconveniences.
Love you!
Grandma Susie

Anonymous said...

Your "bad" day doesn't sound so bad afterall!

I love you.

Janet said...

Love this post. Life is really wonderful, when you stop to think about all that you have to be grateful for. :)

Lisa Marie said...

ha ha, i love this post. It reminds me of me, almost every day. I think, "AHHH i'm going to go crazy..." and then realize how blessed I really am :) Thanks for the reminder! Sorry about the "bad" day.