12 July 2007

The Best Thing About Being A Mommy Is...

...the smile Lucy gives me because I'm her Mom. It's a smile of excitement, relief, happiness, security and contentment, and it's her best smile. She doesn't really recognize anyone but Andrew and I, and when her little bottom lip starts to wobble and I pick her up, she sighs this big "thank goodness you found me" sigh and her whole body relaxes on mine.
I thought I'd miss being pregnant because she wouldn't rely on me like she did, but she still does, and she always will. My relationship with her is so important, to make sure that she always know that I'm here, no matter where I am. I still have a "thank goodness you found me" sigh for my own mommy, and I still have a smile that's reserved for her, because I know she'll never leave me and she's the first one at the scene of the emergency. Mommies are just like that, I suppose.
Lucy has been up since 5:45 squealing and screaming with joy over Thursday. Thursdays are reason for major celebration in our house. We have fun dinner, we act like idiots and we do silly things, because it's almost Friday, and that means that Daddy is almost here for 2 WHOLE DAYS! (And that means I'll have some "Put Me In The Zoo" relief. Thank you for that wonderful book, April! Lucy is addicted like I used to be! Spots as green as green can be!)
Also, we have chosen Lucy's Halloween costume, and it's going to be HILARIOUS. I think we'll throw a party just so everyone can see her in her costume.

No comments: