02 July 2007

Monday, Monday...

Well, Lucy is being a good girl and napping in the bedroom, so I'm going to take this opportunity to blog. She will let me do any amount of houseworkd while she's awake, but computer time is a very different thing.
I am working on the apartment today. Lu and I left the house at 7:30 and went to the laundromat, where I DID MY OWN LAUNDRY! Yes folks, I have decided to forgo laziness. And besides, Lucy loves to lay in the laundy cart and watch the dryers, so I guess it's our new fun thing. I did about 6 loads, I think. I was gone last week, so I missed laundry day, and we came back with lots of clothes to wash, so we ha lots to do! I actually did it all, folded it all, AND put it all away. I am so proud. I'll have to email Andrew to remind him to give me a pat on the back when he gets home.
I am also sorting Lucy's newborn clothes today. I want to give some of them to Nina for Lilly, along with some receiving blankets and stuff, since everything is brand new and spotless. But I'm kind of attached to everything, since Lucy is still so young and I can remember each day she wore each thing. I think I will save out Andrew's favorites and the unisex stuff, and send the rest to Nina.
Argh. She's awake. See what I mean?? My coveted computer time is so precious and so fleeting...
Today I am making Andrew a snickerdoodle cake. Can't wait to eat it!

We went out for a walk last night. I guess we left the house around 9pm, after a late dinner, with the intent of getting Lucy to sleep and getting some exercise. We walked to the Palace Theater and crossed the street to walk back up the hill. We stopped a few times to look in windows and so on, like we always do, and in the entry way of one of the old buildings was an 8x10 piece of paper taped to the brick with an arrow pointing down. The sign said "Today's Free Thing" below the paper, sitting on a brick, was a little black alarm clock, ticking away. It was bizarre. We sat down on the bench in front of the building to discuss whether or not we should take the "free thing" to see what would be put out the next day. Then again, it was completely weird and random, and karma has a way of making these things unfunny. We took it. We walked back up the hill with the little block just ticking and ticking, and now I have two clocks sitting here, not ticking in unison. We will update you tonight.

3 comments:

April said...

Two clocks...not ticking in unison... sounds like a very bad place to be...the again that could be my OCD talking!

Anonymous said...

How was the Snickerdoodle cake?? Did you say cake?
Congratulations on wash well-done!! It is fun to picture Lucy enjoying the dryers, of all things. Such stimulation for her little brain. Wonder if she will log it all and want to work in a laundry someday.
Now, about that little free clock. Don't you know that you shouldn't take anything that is "ticking" these days? I mean, they are asking the public to be vigilant these days, and you take an innocent looking little clock. Now, really!! (just kidding)
Love you, Grandma S.

Jennifer Merkel said...

I'm dying to know what the next "free thing" is!
You know what Tim would say about picking up ticking objects off the street!