16 July 2007

Lovely Weekend!

We had SUCH a great weekend. Extremely busy and exhausting, but it was so nice and so full of family and friends. I wish I'd had more time to visit with everyone, but there were just so many people!
We rented an '07 Altima for the weekend, and we loved it. And I found the Nissan page up when I got up this morning, so it may be looking good for me...sigh.
We got home last night and Lucy and I crashed at about 9. I woke up at 12:30 to pull Andrew to bed- I found an empty ice cream gallon in front of him and he was looking a little buzzed on all the sugar. Poor guy had quite a time waking up this morning. Lu and I are a little bleary after getting so much sleep, but we REALLY needed it. I hold think I actually held her to nurse all night. I just kept picking her up and rolling her into bed next to me and putting her back in her bed. She had a really good night, but I think I felt like she was up all night because I had to get up two extra times to feed her. She's in her bouncy seat now reuniting with her giraffe friends and is beyond thrilled.
Let's see...We went out Friday night with Uncle John and Timmy and had dinner at Chili's. That was really fun- they're always interesting. After that we dropped Lucy with Grandma and Andrew and I went downtown with Tim and April and had some drinks at Coakley's. Andrew always enjoys my talkative streak once I've had a couple drinks. I just babbled away. Then we went home and crashed.
On Saturday I got up at 6am to bake cookies and start on the cake. I ran down to the grocery store and picked up more ingredients and donuts, and spent the entire morning baking. Andrew did the baby stuff while i rushed around, and we still got out the door by 9:45! Grandma's surprise birthday party was beautiful- she was thrilled! We had a really nice time with the family, and got back to HdG by 5:30 or so. We spent the ENTIRE night decorating those cookies and finishing the cake. The cake turned out to be gorgeous, and the cookies were gone in the first ten minutes of the reception. I couldn't believe how fast they were eaten. Obviously THAT is what I should be perfecting.
Lucy's baptism was on Sunday, and it was beautiful! She looked like a little angel in her gown, and she was such a good girl. She wanted to play the entire time, so it was hard to keep her sitting still, but she is now a happy little Catholic, and still smells like "baptism." I'm going to have to give her a bath, but I don't want to.
We had a really nice time at her little reception, and it was so nice to see everyone. Mom and Tim hosted it, and it turned out to be perfect! We had a slow trip home, and enjoyed our drive just relaxing and chatting. We stopped to return her stupid swaddle blanket. She's like houdini...I couldn't see spending $10 on a blanket when I can swaddle her tighter in a bigger blanket and she can't get out quite as fast. I also got a new Boppy cover- hooray!
Today we have a LOT to do. We're cleaning the entire apartment, bathing, grocery shopping, going to the PO, and doing aundry when we have Daddy to carry it for us. I also need to stop by the library and return Baby MacDonald.

No comments: