23 July 2007

So much going on.

Well, we're back from a 3-hour La Leche meeting- I decided to go and now I'm really pooped! I just put my tired and cranky angel down for a nap, and boy is she fighting it! I swaddled her with her arms out and gave her a pacifier, and it was just too much for her. She flopped around and grunted and yelled, so I went back in and swaddled her tight with her arms in, and she was just laying there with the most astonished look on her face. She was absolutely stunned that I would stop her fun and trick her into a nap.

We have put the s10 up for sale. We are officially moving into the world of being a one-car household. With Lucy and I being right smack in the middle of downtown, we really don't need a car during the days, and I can do the shopping at night. We will have one day a week where we drop Daddy off so that we can run errands, go to play group, get to doctor's appointments, etc. There is just no point in insuring the truck when Andrew can drive the Saturn and Lu and I can walk to where we need to be. With the money from the s10, we are going to put a little in savings and use the rest to get Bonnie on the road. She is running ok, but there is a problem with something on the axle being rusted or something, and Andrew definitely can't fix that alone. He's already done a lot- I'm very impressed with how much he's done on her so far, but the axle is nothing to play around with.

Lucy and I just tried to walk to Mass. There is a funeral this morning, so there is no Mass. So we walked to the library, which was, of course, closed. We returned the books that we had borrowed, and will get more once the move is completely over.

We are getting our keys on Monday!! I am so excited. Today I am going to start organizing and putting things into piles. I also need to call and arrange for delivery for the rest of the furniture, and reserve a truck for Wednesday morning. It's going to be a long day. We're having leftover jambalaya for dinner, so at least I don't have to cook! I think it's going to be a scorcher today. I'm so glad Lucy and I got out and walked this morning. The three of us did a 4 mile walk last night with dinner at Subway in the middle. Andrew is such a nice companion. He's always so easygoing, fun and entertaining. He is always such a peaceful force in my life. I just don't know why people spend so much time keeping score and creating problems. Life is so short. I just don't know what I'd be without him.

Oh, NOTE: I think Andrew told me I could buy my matching towels for the bathroom. I am very excited. They're definitely not a "need," but he's really been indulging my passion for this new place and is letting me go wild making it a completely new and different home, and I'm so happy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just spent a few minutes getting caught up on your blog. Love this entry. We were just sitting out by the pond, having a cup of tea, and I was telling Grandpa about the cute pic. of Lucy in her "silly hat" that you sent. He said "Andrew and Laura are really happy, and that makes me feel really good!" True, true. What makes me happy is to read that you and Lucy walk to Mass during the week. She is one blessed little cutie pie!
Love, Grandma Susie