23 January 2010

Authenticity, Part 1.

I'm a person who prides herself on being authentic. I'm honest with myself and other people. I've started reading a book that really has me thinking about whether I'm really being true to myself. I'm putting in good time at the gym, but my obsession with processed foods (let's be honest, here. all foods.) is keeping me from seeing my goals. I look different, sure, but I'm still being held back.
I'm starting to understand more about how the types of foods I eat really play a deeper role than just keeping the pounds in place. When I eat "fake" food, I have fake energy and I see fake results. If I'm not eating authentic food, how is my body going to trust that I'm doing anything right? Can something as basic as the food I eat start me down a path of lying to myself about other things? Just food for thought. More on this book tomorrow. The book that got me through a carnival midway AND a grocery store in one day, with very little damage.









2 comments:

Unknown said...

Interesting thoughts on authentic food - I like it!

Anonymous said...

There is truth in what you say. I know since I'm on week two of writing a thesis paper, teaching, still cooking and doing laundry, and NOT making it to the gym (I know, bad girl). Actually the cooking has been pretty sad until this last weekend when I declared we must start eating right again. Guess what? My paper actually is starting to sound intelligent again. The fake food which gives you fake energy gives you fake brain cells.
We also LOVED! Lucy's pat-a-cake rendition.
Love from the red-headed Hendrys, and the dark-haired one, too.