01 January 2010

Happy New Year!

And what a chilly one it is! Our heat is broken, so our return home was a tad...disappointing. I was going to spend all of today cooking and cleaning, but it's so cold! We all slept in Lucy's room last night, much to her delight.
Our wonderful neighbor-friends brought an oil heater over and stayed to visit for the evening. We stayed warm with liquor. It helped.
So, it's 2010. At the end of this decade, Lucy will be a teenager. Yiiiiikes.....
Do I have any resolutions? Oh, lots! Losing weight is not one of them. Aren't we always trying to lose weight? Blah.
My resolutions are as follows:
Get to the gym five days a week.
Attend yoga three times a week.
Be more present and less distracted for my girls and my husband. That means my dreams of professional blogging may be going up in smoke. Oh well.
Cook more varied meals and present a huge array of foods for the girls to sample and learn about.
My most important resolution is to stop thinking about "me" so much. I want to spend this year giving and giving and giving.
It's been a long day. I made two pots of soup and organized my little heart out. Tomorrow is just Day 2 of the same. I'm going to yoga in the am, and then I think we're going to hit up some thrift stores to find some stuff for the house. Fun Saturday!


- Laura & Andrew

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!! We miss you already. Hope the heat is fixed soon. We'll think about you as we snuggle up by the fire with books, laptop,and Lucy's friend Buster dog.
Brooke and gang