12 January 2010

Back for Your Reading Pleasure!

Hello devoted readers and anonymous confidants.

I'm back. Mostly. Are we ever really back completely? We survived a plane trip with Poppers, a massive stomach virus, weather colder than 30 degrees AND a visit from Suz, and we're ready to get back to a semi-normal routine.

Over Christmas break, I gained 6 pounds. And then I lost it by way of violent illness. So, no change. Also, I am not pregnant. I thought I'd put that out there since everyone I can possibly think of IS with child. Except Nina, who seems more homicidal than usual lately but swears it's a chocolate deficit. Nina and I are decidedly unpregnant.

Molly is not walking yet. She came home from the Pacific Northwest with a tooth, so that was thrilling. But I think that's about it. She's now night-weaned, which is bittersweet. I love not nursing at night because I stay warmer, but I'll miss our middle of the night snuggles in the rocker. Her nursing is now 100% athletic and semi-dangerous. She prefers to nurse from a standing position, leaving me feeling a little like a Holstein. But whatever.

So Suz flew out this morning after a week in Fort Worth. We had so much fun, save for the flu. We went to the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History, the National Cowgirl Hall of Fame, the Stockyards, Joe T's...we ate steak and played Scrabble, we shopped, we played outside, we watched the Ravens WHOOP the Pats...it was fabulous. I'll post pictures when I feel you all truly deserve it.

Tonight is the season premiere of American Idol, y'all! Wheee!! Andrew and I are going to snuggle up with a pint (of Ben and Jerry's) and yell at the TV like every season. And tonight is Sloppy Joe night, so how can we lose?

The weather here is GORGEOUS right now. I took the gals to the playground after lunch and we played our little hearts out! Once they wake up, I think we'll head to the gym so Mama can start working off the "Suz is here so we're eating like Texans" poundage. Not cool, but I have a year without plans, so I'm wiiiiiide open to just work myself to death. Yoga is going swimmingly and I can't WAIT to get back in there on Thursday! Being sick was rough, but not getting to the gym was the worst part. I'm such a routine nut- I just don't know what to do with myself when things go belly up.

Well, I'm off to close my eyes for ten minutes before the little angels start to make noise. :-) Now aren't you glad you stopped by?

2 comments:

Lisa Marie said...

I SO am glad!!! YAYYYY you're back!!! I can stalk you and you might have posted new things! ;o) exciting. lol... glad you all had a fun trip and time with Suz. miss you!

Anonymous said...

YAY FOR BEING UN-PREGNANT!!!
~N