17 January 2010

I Went to Texas and All I Got Was This Stupid Virus.


Suz came to visit! Whee! We flew her down for a week of what was supposed to be partying, craziness and general nonsense. I was hoping to get arrested, but what I ended up with was a virus and a date with Lucy, passed out on the couch. Suz and I tried to go out on the town, but I was still so weak and sick that I was probably not the best date. :-(
HOWEVER, the flu couldn't hold us down completely, and we still had a blast with our favorite adopted family member. We went to the Stockyards for a cattle drive and some shopping, Joe T's for fajitas and mariachi, the Science Museum for the CSI exhibit and a rather rough Imax experience, Cavenders for cowboy boot (slipper) shopping, the Cupcake Cottage for t-shirts and cupcakes...you name it. We had lots of fun,









We also went to the National Cowgirl Hall of Fame, and that was super fun and entertaining.


We ended up with a warm day, and boy was that nice in the middle of winter! We played outside and let the girls run around for a bit.



Suz, we miss you already! Come back to Texas!

(This post good for one flu-free do-over whenever Suz has the time to come back.) :-) We love you, Suzzy!

No comments: