12 January 2010

No cups on the couch

So in addition to the delicious Sloppy Joe ** enter music ** Slop-Sloppy Joes! ** fade music out **, I wanted to enjoy a Coke. As I reached to my coffee table to pull the fizzy pop to my lips a little arm POPPED up from the floor between the table and couch.

"No. No." says the little pale hand and cut chubby fingers with remnants of the dark purple nail polish Suz applied days earlier. Following a cute chuckle from somewhere near the floor came a word from the wise, "No cups on the couch."

I mean, what's an obedient dad to do other than put his Coke down, letting it get all flat and gross. My boring management/leadership books would say something cheesy like "I'm leading by example" blah blah blah :-) I just thought she was REALLY cute!

A

Good to be back in TX and on the blog! Yuck with Facebook. I mean, yay for everyone who loves it (or whatever), but in general? Too impersonal.

No comments: