16 January 2010

Happy Birthday, Sarah!

This is Sarah. Today is her birthday! I have been celebrating Sarah's birthdays for...almost three decades. The only thing I've been celebrating that long is MY birthdays.
We were lucky enough to have the chance to catch up with Sarah and her (mostly new) husband Aaron while we were in lovely Port Angeles. With Sarah, there's never any catching up, and I love that. I hope everyone has a friend like that. I think that's what makes us feel like we really belong somewhere.
If you need proof of how well she's aged, here's a little sample of how far she's come.


As you can see, she's only getting better with time. I just wish she still wore those cute saddle shoes!

Happy Birthday, Sarah! We love you!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Who is in the picture with Sarah? Looks like Lucy to me!

Sarah Jane said...

You always loved my saddle shoes! Thanks for such a sweet wake-up to a cup of coffee my husband made me blog! Love you guys!

Sarah Jane

Anonymous said...

What a cute pic...LOVE Osh Kosh! Every little girl needs some osh kosh.

Katie E. said...

Sarah Jane... what can I say? She really is like a comfortable old pair of saddle shoes. Love that girl!