14 December 2008

I would post something relevant...

...but I'm just too flipping tired. It has not been a very busy day, or even a very busy weekend, for that matter. The three of us just did C Family things together and did things in our own time all weekend. It was terribly fun. We haven't had a weekend to ourselves for quite awhile, so it was nice to just putter around the house. I'm not even sure if I can remember much of the weekend...
Friday, we...gosh. Um...oh, Lucy and I went shopping. We shopped til we dropped. When Andrew got home we had a nice hot dinner and then we put Lucy to bed early so that we could spend some much-need time together without her peppy little voice in our ears. We watched "Wanted." It was insanely fun and exciting. I fell asleep, but I did get to finish it on Saturday.
On Saturday, I got up with Lucy at the crack-o-dawn and Andrew slept in. Once he was up, I went back to bed til 9:30 and then we all got ready for TREE HUNTING! We got ridiculously lost looking for the tree farm which was actually in very plain sight the entire time. Once we got there we had a blast looking for the perfect tree. Lucy was still sleepy from her nap but was a very good sport. I put her in the sling and Andrew carried the saw and sled and other tree-cutting paraphernalia and off we went. Phoebe pitched in with some strong, painful contractions as we hiked around looking for the "one." We found a gorgeous tree! It's perfectly round and Christmas-y and it smells so good! The people at the tree farm were so sweet. It was a 7-footer, but the guy told us it was 6 so we would have to pay an extra $10 for, well, a branch. They gave Lucy all sorts of little toys and we bought a really cool ornament for the tree as well. It was a really good time and the tree is just lovely. It was a much better experience than last year's beginning-to-end disaster.
When we got home I ran out to Lowe's and Walmart and then we spent the night trimming the tree and watching Lucy dance to White Christmas. White Christmas is my all-time favorite Christmas movie, I think. It just takes me to a very happy place as I remember watching it over and over and over with Nina, every year.
The tree looks so nice and it's very sparkly. Lucy is just amazed by it!
Today I slept in for the first shift and Andrew took the early hours with Lucy. We went to Mass at noon and then we came home and Lucy and I napped for a couple of hours. When we woke up it was time to get ready to go to Keyser to see Ben and Jacob in their Christmas show. It was so cute! The boys were adorable. We got home just in time to see the Ravens lose to the Steelers, and then we had a late pizza dinner and put Lucy in bed. Since it's almost 9, I'm going to clean up the kitchen and run along to bed. Or a bath. Or both. My nap left me feeling a little more refreshed than I'm used to, so...I guess that's a clear sign that I should do the dishes before bed, just this once. :-)

No comments: