14 December 2008

In Prayers

I remember the first time Andrew and I went to Mass together at Cook Chapel as an almost-dating couple. It was in September of 2003 and I remember thinking to myself, "I wonder who I'll end up sitting in Mass with someday. It would be nice if it were Andrew."

Today Lucy sat between us coloring with her crayons and occasionally looking up at us to giggle or yelp out a toddler word. It was almost surreal as I thought back to that first day with Andrew, our pinkies hooked together like a little string. Today as we stood together with our little girl behind us, our hands were tangled happily as she sat quietly in the pew. We never get to hold hands in Mass anymore, having a toddler to wrestle and distract. Lucy gave us a very nice gift today and let us hold hands the whole time. It took me back to those quiet fall Sundays with Andrew, putting wish upon wish into the future, hoping that maybe we'd always sit together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely blog entry this is.
Have been getting caught up on all your entries. It is so fun to read about everything you three are up to.
Enjoyed the phone chat so much the other day and was glad Lucy could listen to us on the speaker phone.
Enjoyed seeing the tree hunting pictures and will look forward to seeing them again in the blog. Wonder what Phoebe thought about those bright lights over her "house"???
Ha, ha.
Love you guys so much.
Grandma and Grandpa H.