12 December 2008

I've Lost The Will To Parent.

We've been having a pretty good week, all things considered. Lucy is on a new and very strict schedule and has been doing great with her napping and sleeping. She's actually been sleeping past 5, too! That is, until this morning. She had to stay in bed til 6, as the "rules" indicate. Needless to say, we all woke up on the wrong side of the bed and at 8:30 she's just starting to perk up. I was proud of us for sticking it out and making her stay in bed until the "morning." But while I won the battle, I definitely didn't win the war. We don't allow her to eat in the living room and she's not allowed to watch TV before Sesame Street at 9:30 or Blue's Clues while I'm fixing dinner. So, can anyone tell me why Little Einsteins is on in the background and I have blueberry cereal bar finger prints all over the screen of the laptop?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laura,

It sounds like you are doing great. I like the idea of boundaries and guidelines. Kids crave and need them. Sometimes it isn't always easy on the parent. This too shall pass. I know it isn't easy being pregnant and caring for a toddler. Enjoy these last few weeks with just Lucy. Life will definately change after that and I didn't always stop and enjoy Meghan before Maddie came along. Too much to do, etc. But, your family dynamics will shift and change and just be flexible and don't be too hard on yourself.

We're getting ready for our big first cold snap/storm of the season. Maybe we will get a few inches. Glad it is Friday. I am off for two weeks after next Friday. LOVE working for a school.

Love,
Tammy (Grandma)