31 December 2008

My 2009 Resolution

This year, I don't have a bunch of resolutions. I won't keep them anyway. My only goal is to follow the phrase, "Bloom Where You're Planted." (Hence my blog facelift.) All I want out of this year is to spend every day making the most of what I have and being the best I can in the role I'm in.
As a stay-at-home mom, the daily grind can really get to a girl. I want to make my year as full as Lucy and I made our advent. We spent every day doing something memorable and made our days so interesting. I want to bloom as a mother and give Lucy so many memories. We have another little girl on the way and I want to turn their room into a princess paradise. I want to learn to sew. I want to show Lucy how to bake bread. I want to teach her a funny dance to perform for Daddy. I want to show her how to put socks on her feet. I want to get her all excited for a big girl bed. I want to save a lock of her hair from her first haircut. I want to make this year something to remember. Toddlers come and go so quickly, and I don't want to miss a moment.

I want to be a charitable and giving wife. I want to support Andrew 200% as he finishes his MBA. I want to make his birthday big and exciting. I want to remember to kiss him bigger every morning before he leaves. I want to remember to go to bed a few minutes early so that we can fall asleep together. I want to remember to stick a love note in his lunch. I want to spend more time admiring our beautiful girls together.

I don't have a lot of resolutions. I just want to take in all of these moments that are going way, way too fast. I want to parent with grace and patience, and love my husband just like I did on the day we were married. I know it won't be possible every moment of every day, but if I can manage maybe, 85%, I'll be happy with that. I'd just like to bloom where I'm planted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful. Loved reading it.
One of my favorite sayings for some time now is "bloom where we are planted". As we get older that is even more important because we are more "settled in" in our later years.
When we bloom where we are planted we have more peace each day as we enjoy (and accept) whatever comes into our lives, and just do our best with each day.
On that note, I am going to go bake an apple pie for your Grandpa's 68th. He prefers pie to cake.
HAPPY NEW YEAR! We love you all very much.
Grandma Susie