18 December 2008

Beads!

I am so excited. Today I checked the mail (just before the busted DVD player incident) and boy did we have a lot! We received lots of Christmas cards from various people, and an extra envelope from Julie, who has been in my life since...gosh. 1984? Julie is the mom of Sarah, Katie and Amanda, who Nina and I grew up with. The idea that she would take time out to send me beads is so precious to me because I know how much love she has in her and how much of her energy is spent loving her girls. I was so very excited when I realized what was in the envelope. My first three beads are here and I'm so thrilled! Her letter was so sweet and touching and I cried as I realized that someone took the time to do this for me!
I am going to take a picture of each bead I receive to put in my book with the letters and notes. I think that I'm going to do a shutterfly book with pictures of of the letters and beads and people who sent them so that I have a wonderful keepsake.
I am so excited. This is going to be way more awesome than I first realized.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura,

I do plan on sending a bead to you...but with the snow and school wrapping up for the holidays, I just haven't gotten one. I want it to be perfect for you.

What a neat idea....

Give Lucy a big hug and kiss from her grandpa and me.

Today we are mailing your box. Not sure if it will get to you in time. Snow has put a delay in our getting it out. We may be stretching Christmas out for you :)

Love,
Tammy (Grandma)

Anonymous said...

I forwarded this part of your blog to my mom, and she was so excited that she was the first one to send you beads!! You know, it's the little things. :) And as for the nice things you wrote about her, she said "She gets me!" It was so cute. You can look forward to mine in the weeks following Christmas. Mwah.