18 December 2008

You Have GOT To Be Kidding Me

Our DVD player broke last week. Lucy's beloved Blue's Clues DVD is stuck inside. So while we wait to figure THAT out, I went to the library and got her a Blue's Clues substitute and let her watch it on her portable DVD player on our bed. She was having a blast and I got to read an entire book. (Don't be alarmed - I speed read; a book takes about an hour uninterrupted.)
The mail came, so I got up from the bed and was opening Christmas cards and things, (more on that later) and found a hospital bill, second notice, that I'd forgotten to pay last week. So I jumped up and found my phone and ran to call them and resolve it right away. It took MAYBE 5 minutes. When I came back I saw a foreign piece of plastic on the bed. Well, no, it wasn't foreign at all. Rather, it wouldn't have been if it had been attached to the DVD player like it was supposed to be. That's right; she ripped the entire cover off the player and now it indignantly flashes "OPEN" on the screen. Hopefully Andrew can fix it. So now the only place Lucy can watch Blue's Clues is on the Mac, and you KNOW I'm not letting her near my baby. Guess we're on hiatus until we buy a new DVD player. Sigh.

No comments: