11 June 2007

I need a nap.

Lucy is finally in heavy nap mode- I think she's having a growth spurt. She was up at 12:30, 2:30, 4:30 and 6:30. She ate at 12:30, and refused to eat for the rest of the night. When she woke up at 7, she was starving...wonder why...
My post-partum checkup went nicely. The doctor said that I am healing well. They were training a new doctor today, so I had quite a group gazing at me whilst the exam was happening. Like I have any modesty left anyway...childbirth has a way of stripping you of that rather quickly.
I asked Dr. H about a regular birth after a C-section. He said that is would be possible if the next baby stays smaller than Lucy. It looks like we'll schedule a C-section for 41 weeks, and then we'll do what we can before then to make labor happen on it's own. I like that compromise. He said that physically I'm in good shape to deliver naturally, but it's ultimately up to the baby. I'm pleased with that.
He had a little visit with Lucy- I can see exactly why he went into obstetrics now. He was so cute. He had no sooner pulled off his gloves and he was on the floor playing with her feet and making baby noises at her.
Lucy and I then went to WalMart, as is our usual thing about 3 days a week. We had to pick up some rechargable batteries, a For Sale sign and a couple of other things. Lucy slept through it all, and woke up screaming in the car on the way home. She's usually such a good little errand-runner, too. She must be going through some changes. She's so cute. I think I have some new pics to post. Will do that later.
I cleaned the house. It's sparkly clean for Daddy's arrival this afternoon. I think I'm going to go balance the checkbook before she wakes up! 10 more minutes, Lucy!

No comments: