07 June 2007

Snickerdoodles!

Well, Lucy went down for a nap around 9, and decided to sleep amazingly well, so I showered and decided I should do something I like to do without a baby in my arms. I chose to bake some of my award-winning baked goods. (I lump everything I bake into the award-winning category, even though I've only won 1 award for one cake. It still counts. I obviously proved my culinary prowess.)
I decided to make snickerdoodles, since they're so yummy and people love snickerdoodles and the modern world has forgotten about them. I made a double batch, and am working my way through the rolling and rolling and baking and baking as I type this. I have cookies all over the kitchen, and Lucy is still sleeping in her Boppy. I am going to take some to RLO this afternoon, I'm sending some to ATK tomorrow morning, and I decided I should mail some to someone. I have never mailed cookies to anyone, but I know two people who love cookies as much as I do! I am going to mail a box of snickerdoodles to Grandma Susie and Grandpa Dick, since they are ultimately responsible for my love of desserts. They have always encouraged a "little something sweet" after a meal, and now look at me. I am a dessert fiend.
And I am sending cookies to them because out of all the people I know, they are always quietly and consistently cheering me on in all of my little endeavors. (Except for Mom, of course)
But I don't know how to mail cookies. I will also have to lie when they ask me if I'm mailing something perishable. Oh well! Grandma reads this every day, and she'll like to see this. A nice Thursday surprise. Maybe I can rush them to get them there by Saturday. I will ask Post Office Tammy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, dear granddaughter, you brought tears to my eyes once again! How I wish we lived closer so we could have
coffee and cookies together some afternoons. I miss you!! And your Grandpa loves Snickerdoodles.
Now here is a good dessert mailing story for you. Did you know that our friend, Sylvia, used to bake apples pies for her son and mail them to him??? And they would arrive in perfect condition. That truly seems like a miracle to me. In that case, cookies would be a snap!! Only do this if it is an easy task for you. It certainly is a labor of love, that's for sure. I won't tell Grandpa.
Lucy looks so precious in each of her pictures. How blest you all are. Enjoy!!
Have a good day today.
Love, Grandma Susie

April said...

you can always mail cookies to Christian. He likes oatmeal raisin....