13 June 2007

Pooped.

Lucy is going through a growth spurt right now, and has been nursing every hour since 9pm last night. I am exhausted and am starting to lose my patience. She finally went to bed at 7, and I'm hoping she sleeps long enough for me to rest my aching arms. Little turkey. We did try a bottle of milk today so that Andrew can feed her once in awhile. I don't know what all this nipple confusion talk is. I think it's a myth. Lucy jumped on that bottle so fast you'd think it was going to run away...
We had a nice afternoon outside in the shade. Lucy napped and I read my book. I made chicken stuffing casserole for dinner, which was so yummy, and now Andrew is playing Wii and I'm just hanging out.
Tomorrow Lucy and I are going to work on the budget and get ready for our fun weekend. We were going to go down to Cumberland to the Farmer's Market, but I know I'd just end up buying a ton of fruit and handmade items I really don't need...I could have sworn there was something else happening tomorrow...
We have decided to put the house hunt on hold for a good while and just see what happens. We're going to look for a house or 3 bedroom apartment to rent in the area and work on getting other stuff in line. We really feel like God is telling us this is the wrong time to buy, so we're going to work on paying off the last of our debt, getting the car situation under control and enjoy having the freedom to spend a little more. I think I might talk to him about the possibility of a real vacation this winter while Lucy is still little and portable.
I need a cookie. Lucy has drained all of my energy, and I need some chocolate to put a smile on my face again. Only 2 days til the weekend! Woo!

1 comment:

Jennifer Merkel said...

Well, while you are talking to God about a vacation, tell Him that I need one too. Someplace warm in the winter...