12 June 2007

L's Kitchen!

The whole enchilada, indeed....I have decided to do this with pictures. These were SO good tonight. And it's easy. Basically, it tastes good with almost anything in it. Let's begin.
You want 3 or 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Cut them into chunks, throw them in a pan. Cook them!

You want these three ingredients. Drain the chiles and tomatoes. Throw them in a bowl! Save the sauce for later.

You want to use half of a big sour cream or one little sour cream. Throw that in your bowl too. Shred a whole bunch of cheese. How much, you ask?

If your sous chef is as useless as mine, fire her. Looks like Lucy hit the milk a little too hard this afternoon...

THAT is how much cheese you should shred. A plate bigger than a baby's head.

Nonstick Lucy!

Mix the chicken, the chiles, the sour cream, the cheddar, the tomatoes and some salt and pepper. Yum. Lick the spoon. You have that right.

Roll the mixture into tortillas in a greased 9x13 pan. Spoon enchilada sauce over the top. Sprinkle some cheese over the top, and put them in a 350 oven for half an hour. YUM.

It's White Tshirt Day in our house!
1) We're under a tornado warning. Mike saw the top of a funnel cloud and scared the poo out of me. The siren wouldn't stop, and it was scary. Sigh...life is just scarier when you have a little person to take care of.
2) The house fell through. In a big way.
3) I have no chocolate. Bummer. Big sad face...









5 comments:

Anonymous said...

1) I want an enchilada
2) Sorry 'bout the house
3) I want 2 enchiladas


Love,
Yo Seesta

Jennifer Merkel said...

Man, you have the knack!
Your little assistant is way TOO cute and can really get by on her looks!
I want an enchilada too!

Love,
Yo Mama

The boys LOVE it when I say that!

Anonymous said...

How clever! A cooking lesson from Laura's Kitchen. I made chicken enchiladas last week; very similar recipe. I have a question: The mild sauce I bought was too hot for me. Is there such a thing as a really, really mild sauce?
I'll have to research that.
Enjoyed the pictures. I just knew Lucy was going to play a big part in various things in your blog after she was born. Oh, Lucy!!
Sorry the house didn't work out. Don't eat too much chocolate over that!
Love, Grandma

April said...

I am wondering if the enchiladas will play a role in how many ounces Lucy gains next checkup....

Kandi said...

Thanks for the recipe!! Sorry to hear about the house.