10 June 2007

Lovely Sunday

What a nice day we're having. It's still early, but we didn't exactly get to sleep in this morning...hm. I need to clean, but I'd rather blog, and I've been keeping up on my housework pretty well, so here I am. Lucy just went down for a nap, so I plan to blog for a little bit, read my book and make some dinner.
Andrew says "Tell the world I said hello and that we're going fishing tonight." Life is a series of fishing events for him. I love that he likes to fish. Keeps him busy. :-)
We went to Mass at 11, but we almost didn't make it. When we got home from the movies the other night, I looked at the living room clock and said, "Is it really that time?" It wasn't. But the clock was still going fine, so we just reset it and put it back on the wall. And now the dying clock has made us confused over and over. I just put Lucy down and said, "She's going down at 3:30?" Andrew replied...."Uhhh..." So the clock is now face-down in the recliner where it will stay until I put a new battery in it. I should do that. Maybe this week.
I went through all the papers and stuff on the coffee table bottom shelf. It was looking a hot mess, so I tackled it last night during Lucy's 6pm-2am sleep. I found about a million things I need to follow up on, and I found Lucy's enrollment form for our health insurance. The deadline was 12am tonight. We almost just missed it completely. Lucky for us, Andrew's company is so beyond cool and has all of his insurance, pay and tax stuff on a website he can access from anywhere, so we got her signed up within a few hours of the deadline. And Andrew added a vision plan for us. Guess that means I need to make an appointment for him...always subtle.
Tomorrow I have my 6week postpartum checkup. I wish my Mama was here to hold my hand. I got entirely too spoiled while she was here taking care of me. Andrew was going to go, but he has a prior engagement. He has to get the windshield fixed in the truck at 8:30, and it really needs to be done. So I am going alone. I am very nervous...ugh. Maybe Lucy can provide some moral support...she's just not very dependable these days...always sleeping through a crisis or demanding to eat at some crucial point...I will provide a full update when I get home from the horrible appointment.
I need to share a very funny story.
Andrew emailed me on Friday with a one line note that said, "DOESN'T A BLT HAVE MEAT OTHER THAN B?????" I thought this was very funny. I replied with, "Seriously??? No! It's a Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato! Did you order a BLT or something?" He wrote back and said, "You seriously don’t want to know how embarrassed I am about this issue right now. I gtg to a meeting. Love you…" I wrote to him and said, "I am speechless...I have never received an email like this before...I told Lucy. She tooted. You will have to elaborate later. I love you...
Haha...BLT....you make me feel smart. ;-) "

So he comes home, and I said, "Tell me about the BLT!!!" He got all red and didn't really say anything, so I knew this would be an excellent story, because Andrew rarely embarrasses himself.
I made him a lunch on Thursday, and for some reason he ended up not eating it, and told me not to pack one on Friday. On Friday, someone came to his cube and told him not to eat it because they had just had a meeting and a bunch of people decided to go out, so there was a ton of food leftover. So he went to the conference room and Debbie said, "There are BLT's if you want one." So Andrew picks up a BLT and says, "Where's the meat?!?" Everyone in the room turned around and looked at him like, "Are you serious?" Debbie said, "It's the bacon." And Andrew decides to question her further, wondering why there isn't a hamgburger patty on his BLT, insisting that a BLT is not just bacon, lettuce and tomato. Of course, he's wondering aloud in front of all sorts of higher-ups who now think he's completely nuts.
I laughed til I cried. I'm usually the one who does things like this. Like last week, when Andrew told me Macadamia nuts are harvested by Macadamians. I finally had to Wikipedia to make sure there wasn't a country (or province) called Macadamia.
Life is funny with that guy.
Otherwise, my day has been very quiet and relaxing. The munchkin is still sleeping. I'm going to read my book for a little bit. Blissful...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been reading this story about the BLT, and laughing all by myself back here in "the office". Grandpa has to read this!!
So what happened to me in 1962 over the spaghetti issue doesn't make me feel so dumb now. My face got red over the silliness about the spaghetti when Grandpa Dick would tell someone - finally I said "I would appreciate it if you wouldn't tell people that story anymore". In time I got over it, as we learn to get over most things in life.
You guys are so funny. Kiss Lucy for us!
Grandma Susie

Jennifer Merkel said...

Well, you have to admit. BLT's are pretty lame. Not a real Man's type of meal.
Yeah, Andrew, given the fact that you are on the fast track to success, it's important for those of us on the slow track to have a giggle at your expense occasionally.

Kandi said...

Oh my. I can just imagine Drew asking that question...