12 June 2007

Giant Baby

Well, we got back from Lucy's one-month checkup in one piece. Not only is she in great health, but Lucy's weight gain issues are far, far behind us. The little chunk gained 25 ounces in 14 days. Do you have any idea how much that is??? Goodness. She went from 8lbs, 3oz to 9lbs, 12oz. Wow. And here I was worried she wasn't eating enough.
We also got a prescription for thrush, so that's a good, good thing. Just in case...Lucy seems to be doing fine, and I don't think she's showing symptoms, but we wanted to be on the safe side and have it in the house to be sure we're ok.
Today we are going to make chicken enchiladas for dinner, and I will post the recipe for Kandi and whomever else would like it. I am also going to make reservations for....CAMPING!! We are still looking for two more people to join us, if you'd like to camp this weekend. I am even going to drink and alcoholic beverage. Watch out, now...Kandi is going to come with us, I think. So I need to get on it and get the details so that we can make plans! All I'm concerned about is the camera battery lasting all weekend. And we seriously need to buy a car-plug-air-mattress-air-pump thingy. I think we all know what that is....
Ok. I need to clean this place up before Lucy starts to wake up. I can hear grunting. That means I have to clean in double time.

Katie Evans wrote to me. I woke up to an email from my Katie-Love. I big puffy heart her!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog entries remind me of my long, newsy letters to my parents from 1962 to 1970. (Grandma Maggie kept every letter and we now have them.) Those years were happy, very full years. When we left Oregon in 1970 for Port Angeles we had become a family of 6 in just 8 years!! The birth of our first child, your Mom, was one of the very happiest days of our life. She was such a little doll, like Lucy, and she made each day very special.
Your blog entries bring back so many of our own memories. Fun!
Grandma Susie & Grandpa Dick

Kandi said...

I can come for Friday night for sure. I'll tell my boss I'm leaving early so I can get up that way earlier. Lets see- Germantown by 2:45 and LaVale by 5 if traffic is cooperative. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Let me know what I need to bring- food and otherwise.

Anonymous said...

I big puffy heart you, too!