25 June 2007

Wonderful Weekend!

Well, we had a very nice weekend! Very relaxing and quiet. We spent Saturday afternoon at Rocky Gap, where Lucy napped, I read my book and Andrew fished.






This is not part of the Rocky Gap trip- this is Lucy sucking her fingers. I know she looks like one of those squishy, not-so-gorgeous babies in this picture, but that's not the point. The point is that the figner sucking is all she has from me.
After Rocky Gap, we went to Brian and Clarissa's for dinner. That was so fun. They live down in Berkley Springs, so it was a bit of a hike, but it was still very nice and we had a lot of fun.
On Sunday, we went to 11 o'clock Mass and then ran to WalMart for groceries. We came back here and Lucy and I worked in the kitchen while Andrew watched a scary movie. Lucy got a little crabby in the afternoon, so we decided to take her for a walk to find cookie cutters. This was a lot more difficult than we initially thought. Nobody sells cookie cutters. But we got about 4 miles total!
On the way home, we were passing the Methodist church and realized that the Land Of Lakes Choirboys were performing and I got all excited because I'd been talling Andrew for weeks that I wanted to see them. So he took Lucy home and I stayed and watched them. http://www.lolcb.org/storelisten.htm
They were so amazing, and SO cute! I am now a big fan.
I got home around 7:30 and we got Lucy into bed rather early and had a quiet night. I think she slept REALLY well last night. Possibly almost through the night, but I can't be sure, because I woke up with her next to me, and I have no idea how that happened...she got up around 4, but I think she was just very well rested and ready to be up. Somehow we got her back to sleep around 4:45 and she slept until almost 7! What a good girl!
Today we are going to La Leche at 10:30, and then we're going to the mall. I have to look for cookie cutters, and I want to get my hair cut. I am very excited about this, because it's been quite awhile. This afternoon, we're going to play with Royal Icing and see if we can make it amazing. I'm making monogrammed cookies for April's shower, and I'm very excited, so we're going to practice Christian's monogram over and over. I think I'll bake the cookies on Thursday at Mom's, since I'll have more room, and then make Nina come over on Friday to help me decorate and tie ribbons. Do you hear that Nina? There is no parade on Friday, so clear your sad schedule and get yourself ready- or I'll keep the swimsuit as ransom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your a butt. if it weren't for our mother I'd say keep the suit....but she is a little turned off to the fact hat I still try to where my bikini........she says I don't fit in it anymore.....I think I'm beautiful!

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a very nice day! Beautiful country; beautiful lake, for sure. Is the fishing good there?
Matt pulled in about a 1-1/2# fish at our pond yesterday, but it is catch & release here! One fish grabbed the hook, plus worm, and pulled the bobber and everything down under like the shark in "Jaws" would do. Gone in a flash!That's what Grandpa gets for making pets out of them!
Enjoyed the YouTube videos too. The bike riders are something else.
Great entertainment in your blog!
Love, Grandma and Grandpa