26 June 2007

I'm trying very hard not to complain.

It's blistering hot in my apartment. I haven't heard the voice of another adult all day. The baby just wants to sit on my lap and stare into space. I even made her a little seat facing out just like Mommy. No dice. Any attempt I have made to have any sort of contact with my husband has failed. I don't want to cook dinner because using the stove or the oven raises the temperature in here to a whole new heat. Being too hot makes me extremely hot and crabby, but I can't take Lucy to the mall because the stroller is upstairs and I can't get it down without having to take a second shower. And it was hard enough to squeeze the first one in. I am in a positively horrible mood. Sitting in an apartment alone with a 7 week old who only wants to hear the same "buhbuhbuh" noise 200 times can really start to wear on a person. I'd go to the pool, but Lu is still too small and I'm still too fat, so I guess the library is about as crazy as our summer's going to get. She's sleeping now, so I'm going to go clean this place up before I have to think about making dinner.

3 comments:

Jennifer Merkel said...

I am so sorry to hear that you are miserable!
You'll be able to come home soon!
It's no cooler here but we do have the AC units, and Grandma will be happy to make all kinds of silly noises and faces!

Anonymous said...

I looove the cookie!! It is so cute. It's super nice of you to make them for the shower. We all really apperciate it!

- Christine (Aprils Sister)

Unknown said...

Oh, dear, one of those "new baby life" days. But this too shall pass, Laura dear. Too fast, in fact, and you will be thinking about these quiet days someday. Trust me!! I'm sorry it is so hot there. We left Calif. partly because of the heat (and all the people!) But weather, too, passes, doesn't it? And that's a good thing! Ah, such is life.
We are fine here. Enjoying your blog each day. It is so nice to read and enjoy it at the end of the day. It puts nice thoughts in the head!!
The picture of Lucy napping on the kitchen floor is so cute. I made cookies for Grandpa today.
Love you so much, and God bless.
Grandma and Grandpa