12 June 2007

Lucy Love

Oh, I love Lucy so much. Not just because she's cute. (Although that does make it easier)
It's odd having a child. I didn't know know much I should expect to love her, since you really can't pick and choose your children like you can your friends. I knew I loved Andrew because I searched and searched for the perfect husband. Well, you can't do that with kids. You get what God gives you, don't you? Well, we have been blessed with a good egg. I'm not sure what a mother's love really feels like- I'm still new to this whole thing. I do know that when I kiss her soft little neck or smell her clean little head, my heart feels so full! She's such a sweet little person. As I type this, she's sleeping next to me in the funny dip in the couch. She has her left arm up over her head and a big sleepy smile on her face.
We had a good night last night. She went to bed at 9 and slept til 3! I am so proud! She got up at 3 and nursed for 5 minutes or so and spit up all over herself. Excellent. I changed her and she was back asleep within 15 minutes of waking up. And at 7am, she's still snoozing! I think I pulled her out of bed around 5, so maybe she was fussing then? I found her lying next to me rolling around and crabby around 6, so we came out here and she fell into a deep sleep again.
We have Lucy's one-month checkup at 8:40, and then we're going to swing by the grocery store for items for dinner. Otherwise, we're having a quiet day at home. I hope to be back here by 10:30 at the latest! I got a lot of sleep last night, and I think it's throwing me off a little. I'm SO sleepy! Once I get used to running on 5 hours a night, it's hard to sleep more than that...
Well, Miss Lucy is starting to wiggle around, so I'm going to hurry and get a couple things done before she realizes she's hungry!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And this blog entry REALLY brings back memories for your Grandma of almost 68 years! And Lucy's great-great Grandma Maggie would say the same thing. How she loved babies!!
Smell little Lucy's neck for both myself and Grandma Maggie, would you? Thanks!!
Grandma Susie