22 June 2007

The Chipmunk Whisperer

So, we're sitting here watching "Breach," which is a very good movie so far. I hear what sounds like someone at the front door. I look over at the door to listen and see if it's our neighbors or Jesse. They all have very distinct footsteps.

I look down to the very big gap under the door, and there is that little nose again. The chipmunk is back. I whisper to Andrew, "It's hiiiiiim.....the chipmunk." Andrew sneaks over to the door, and we hear nothing. I figure I'm going to be the girl who cried "Chipmunk" again. I push Andrew out the door, and there, at the bottom of the stairs, is the chipmunk, looking at us like we're idiots.

So we come back into the apartment to make a plan. The plan is, I stay in the apartment with the gap under the door blocked, and Andrew chases the chipmunk out. I give him the Dirt Devil. He sneaks out, Dirt Devil in hand. The chipmunk is gone. Andrew decides to check the storage cloet outside our apartment door, and there he is, cowering behind a stack of drywall. I throw the camera at him to get a picture for the blog, and Andrew quickly realizes he can't take pictures and hunt chipmunks at the same time, so I take a picture of him.

I prepare to snap the chipmunk as Andrew nabs him and sends him for the hills. I can't snap fast enough. Andrew sticks the Dirt Devil in the corner, the chipmunk runs for the door, I scream and he's gone.

Now we know how the little vermin got in. Came right through the front door. I guess we'll be plugging the door coming AND going now.

THIS is why I am excited to tell you that we went furniture shopping today and it was VERY successful. We will be decorating the living room in chocolate brown and light blue with some pretty gold colors. You'll have to see it. We picked out a nice Ashley brown leather living room set, and we bought really pretty curtains and throw pillows from Pier 1. We found a dining room set at Roderick's, and we even found end tables and an entertainment center. We're going to put our old living room furniture in the den, since it's still pretty new. I will finish this later!

2 comments:

Jennifer Merkel said...

Yes, brown leather is all the rage right now!
I think you should take him with you.
He obviously thinks you have good taste.

April said...

I agree the chipmunk should get to move to the new apartment...you said there was lots of space