06 June 2007

Night Terrors

Last night was particularly trying. I think I do worse when I get more sleep. I don't actually know how much sleep I got...We went to bed around 11, she was up to eat at 12 and back down around 1. Then she was up at 3 and back down at 4:30. So...whatever. The 3am feeding was the worst, because she kept spitting up. I finally stripped her down to her diaper and just swaddled her well enough that I could keep wiping her up and still keep her warm. It was trying.
This morning Andrew's alarm went off at 5:45, and she was up to eat. As she started to fuss and wake up, Andrew got up out of bed and stretched, looking very well-rested, and ambled out the door to find some breakfast. I almost cracked. At that point she had a huge poopy diaper and was hysterical over her hunger, and I almost lost it. I'm sure it'll be funny by noon. She's falling asleep. I'm going to wolf down a bowl of cereal and try to nap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boy, does this blog entry bring back memories!! And this is just about the time after birth that nights are like that. Ugh!! But....this too shall pass. Easier days are definitely ahead. Funny how, by the time little ones are about ready for school, they aren't doing any of those things anymore (TBTG!)
Hang in there. Tonight will be much better!! AND it really does feel good to know hubby is rested for his day at work, providing for his family.
Love you all heaps and gobs (That is a LOT, you know).
Grandma Susie