26 June 2007

Last Night...

...we went to bed early. Andrew was very sick with some sort of stomach bug, and I was threatening the emergency room, so I think he went to sleep so I wouldn't talk to him. I am giving him until tonight to get back to 100% or I'm taking over.
We slept pretty well- 11 to 3! That's pretty good, considering her recent sleeping habits. She got up for good at 6, so I made the cookies this morning before the apartment warmed up for the day. Today is going to be a scorcher. We may end up going out to the mall or something to stay cool. It's going to get ugly around here. I think we'll be having a cold dinner so we don't have to use the oven.
I am making a list of things we still need for the new apartment. I think a window unit for A/C is going to be on the list, along with a big mirror (Andrew wants it), matching towels for the bathroom and new drinking glasses. I spent my entire pregnancy breaking all of our glasses, and we're down to a Spirderman cup, 8 tiny plastic cups and about 6 of our original set. Ridiculous. I think we have some coffee mugs, too....We also need to buy paint. We're doing really soft colors to keep the apartment light and open, since it's such a nice floorplan. We don't want to make it seem any smaller or cramped. I think the living room is going to be light slate blue, and the dining room will be in green. Lucy will finally have her "Periwinkle" bedroom, and the bathroom will probably go blue too. I like blue bathrooms. Blue makes me feel very clean.
Lucy is snoozing in her bouncy seat. I love seeing her little belly all puffed out like a little sumo wrestler. She has the cutest little belly. Sad to think that someday we'll be trying to discourage her from trying to show the world how it's changed. Two-piece swimsuits should be outlawed. Now I know why parents are so overprotective of their children. Lucy is so perfectly innocent right now. I wish she could grow up without a care in the world, just like she's napping away right now, thinking all she's got ahead of her is a good meal and another nap.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is a really happy blog entry, though sorry Andrew wasn't feeling well.
It is special reading all the various little newsies around your place.
And I know exactly how you feel about wanting Lucy to stay so innocent!
Well, her bathing suit days will come and.....and....what can I say. My favorite saying is "That's life!!"
Hugs!