04 June 2007

No Rest On Monday...

Well, our weekend was BUSY. We left here Thursday afternoon, and got to Havre de Grace in the evening. We spent Friday apart, Andrew fishing with the boys and me lunching and shopping with the girls. Nina and April are getting bigger, and they're such cute pregnant ladies! I love bellies.
On Friday night we had dinner and cake for my birthday, and then Mom and April and I worked on baby blankets. Lu will only sleep in flannel, so we bought some more and made a couple of cute little snuggly blankets for her. They're bigger than her receiving blankets, so she can stretch out and still be swaddled.
On Saturday, Tracy came over to meet Lucy, and then Andrew and I headed to Eldersburg to introduce Lucy to Miss Pam. We unloaded our stuff at the house, and then we ran down to Laurel for dinner with Katherine and Calvin, which was very delicious. Manik and Shruti caught us as we were getting ready to leave, so they got to meet Lucy too. Then we went back to Eldersburg to M's birthday party, and Lucy got to meet Aunt Em, Uncle Josh, Aunt Jenna and Uncle Ben.
We tried to get her home relatively early, and then we spent a little time visiting with everyone before we crashed.
On Sunday we went to 8:30 Mass, and then Andrew, Lucy and I went out to breakfast at Denny's, just the three of us. Josiah's party started at noon, and we ended up leaving there around 5 and got back to Frostburg around 8ish. Andrew watched a movie and I cleaned, and then we showered and crashed. Lucy was kind enough to sleep realtively well last night, and she was only up in two little half-hour spurts. She's such a good girl. She's currently zonked in her carseat after an early morning trip out to the PO and the storage unit. She was up around 5:30 this morning to see Daddy off to work, and she slept right through my shower. The shower is my happy place where the baby can't follow me, it's warm and comfortable and I don't have to hear the phone ring or answer any questions. It's one of my favorite places. I usually just put Lucy in her bouncy seat in the doorway so I can see her in case she needs me, but she usually takes a little nap to the noise of the water.
We have a VERY busy day today...we're leaving here at 12:45 to drop off the laundry and get over to Andrew's office to pick him up and head to the house for our meeting. We're going to put an offer on the house today! We were really on the fence, but we just can't pass up that much property in such a gorgeous location. Yes, we'll be working on the house for about ten years, but we will have a beautiful place to see the sun set and watch our children grow up. Lucy will have so much space and freedom out there, and although she'll probably hate us when she realizes how far out of town it is, she'll appreciate it as she grows up, knowing that we tried to provide her with a home far away from the hustle and bustle and danger of the city. It's truly a retreat, and I hope that we get it, regardless of the work we'll have to do on it in the years to come.
Well, Miss Lucy is still sleeping, so I'm going to put the finishing touches on my cleaning and try to get some paperwork stuff done before she realizes she's been strapped into her carseat for far too long! Pictures to follow!

1 comment:

April said...

I will keep my fingers crossed that they accept the offer right away!! Let us know how it goes!