05 April 2007

American Idol

Now, we really aren't avid "must see" tv watchers. But we have been keeping up on American Idol this season. We just started watching and couldn't stop. Admittedly, everyone was right when they said I'd be caught up on all the prime time happenings during my third trimester. I really am...I'm even caught up on Days of Our Lives. It's sad. And once Anna Lucille is here, I'll be caught up on my paid programming.
Anywhoo....Gina Glocksen was voted off last night. I am sad, because Haley should have been the one to go, out of the two. Even though Simon was a total meanie to Haley on Tuesday, she did sing badly, and Gina whooped up on her. I almost cried for poor Gina, who definitely should have stayed.

Tonight is our hospital Labor and Delivery tour. We are excited about this. We're not supposed to be there til 6, and Andrew gets off at 4:30, so I think we're going to meet at Chik-Fil-A and grab a drink and some chicken, and we might go sit in front of the new house and talk about how much we love landscaping and cutting weeds. We went to Lowe's last night - we're supposed to call the owner of the house today to talk about the carpet color. I am nervous. I hope he decides to play along with us and give us the carpet we want. We're being very reasonable, and he refused to let us choose the grade, so hopefully we can talk him into a very modestly priced carpet we found. I just want something comfortable, since Lu will be learning to walk on this stuff, and I'll be sitting on the floor for the first year of her life, surrounded by board books and crinkly toys.

Well, last night was rough. I was awake for about 40% of it. I'm going to try to crash a little longer and get a little more sleep. As it happens right now, I'm not looking too pretty...I got Andrew off to work, but we forgot that the temp was supposed to change overnight, and we woke up to a freeeeeeezing apartment. That never makes for a happy husband in the morning. When Andrew starts the day off too cold, his entire morning is off. Poor thing.

No comments: