11 April 2007

Baby classes and answered prayers

Something in Lucy's home is hurting. It feels like I pulled a muscle. Ouch. But I did sleep very well last night.
We went to our baby class last night. It was actually much better than we expected. It was not really about baby care. It was more about what happens to the baby once she's born and while she's being cared for inside the hospital, which is something we were concerned about. Up until last night, we'd be getting a lot of random, vague answers, and I wasn't really happy with the "oh...you know...she goes to the nursery..." Whatever. So last night was nice. We learned more about hospital security, tests, vaccinations, the schedule on the postpartum wing, and early discharge, all of which we were very curious about.
We also went to Walmart on our way home because we needed some groceries. You know, Andrew and I always have fun. No two ways around it. He's just the most entertaining person i know. And last night was another one of those nights that reminded us that God is so present in our lives, and is attending to our needs when we don't even realize it.
Also, Andrew did something very sweet for me. I promised I wouldn't go into details because it didn't turn out like he planned, but it was very romantic and thoughtful, and I want to thank him publicly for making me feel like such a treasure. We're having a hectic and crazy month, and it's hard to find the time to do romantic things, and it's even harder to find the energy, and he really went out of his way to do something I mentioned over a year ago. What a sweetie.
April is coming to visit today! So I have to stay on task and keep moving, because she'll be here around noon, and I have lots to do! I need to eat, shower, get pretty and get started on this housework. I have a lot to do, and no time to do it! I think I'll do my cookie baking later when she gets here, and maybe I'll take her over to the new house and show her the view.
Well, I'm off to be productive!

No comments: