29 April 2007

The Waiting Game

I am sitting here on the couch at 8:30, having just completed a mildly painful contraction, hoping that there will be more. Andrew is still snoozing, God Bless him. I woke up at 7:30 because my back was killing me.
I've had a very easy pregnancy, and in some ways, it makes me afraid that labor and delivery are going to be a nightmare. However, Lucy's due date is tomorrow, and I'm still very happily pregnant. I would like her to come before Monday the 7th, but other than that, I have no real issues with any of it. She has been a dream, and I am still very comfortable and energetic. The evenings are a little rough, but only because I'm so tired by then. But, it's been very fun, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
The only thing I really mind is the teaser contractions. Especially the painful ones. I get all excited, and then there's nothing. Ok, well I just got up and stretched and poured some ice water. NOW we'll see if they stick around. Those two were really good, too. I would love it if Lucy decided today was good for her. Little turkey head. I will having her inside me, though...I am so excited about seeing her and touching her, and I can't wait to give Andrew his sweet little girl, but I'm a little sad about having her on the outside, truth be told. She's so safe where she is now, and I love all those little movements. It's going to be so weird, not being pregnant. I was looking at our honeymoon pictures last night, and admiring my formerly flat tummy. I can't even remember it anymore!
Well, I don't think that was a "real" contraction. Back to solitaire.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura,

Auntie Meg's birthday is on the 8th and she would be absolutely thrilled to share her birth date with her niece!! Really.

Meghan and Maddy are really excited! I guess it is just the thought that makes them happy....I am sure they wish they could hold and play with Lucy. Both girls love their baby cousins and are like little mothers to them..so cute!. Just let Lucy know she is so very lucky to have two such loving aunties (even though they are so far away!).

The backache was one of the indicators with Meghan's labor. I had been on my hands and knees scrubbing the kitchen floor. Your dad was at work and I went into labor the next morning. Have you walked around alot yet? That is what they suggested to me when I wouldn't progress even though I was truly in labor?....they had me making the circles at OMH at 1:00 in the morning. Nothing progressed. They sent me home. Told me if my water broke to come back. I went home went to bed, water broke and went back to the hospital. 12 hours from first contraction I had Meghan.

Your dad and I are anxiously awaiting little Lucy's entrance....crossed fingers, crossed toes....

Love~N~Hugs,
Tammy and Dad, Meghan and Maddy