10 April 2007

Full term and nothin' doin'

Well, we are officially ready to deliver this baby. She's all grown up and ready to be a person in the outside world, which is very exciting! However, our appointment this morning showed no progress, which really means nothing, to be honest. It looks like Miss Lucy will be in there at least a couple more weeks. Now, it's true that labor could start any time, and she's head-down and ready to go, so I'm not really going to pay much attention to the fact that there is no progress. Dilation doesn't really indicate the start of labor, so I guess we'll just keep on walking and waiting. Truth be told, I'd be ok if she went a little over due so we could get into the new house and do labor there and take a 1 minute drive to the hospital. Wouldn't that be a dream...seriously- if you're looking out the window of the upstairs bathroom, you can see the front door of the hospital. It's so close I could spit on it. I would be much braver laboring much longer at home if we were that close to the hospital!
I am working on my paper today, and then we have a class at the hospital tonight. Tomorrow, I think April is coming up...I am going to email her now and find out.

No comments: