20 April 2007

One more thing...

This is just funny. I think most everyone who reads this knows I have a slight hearing disability, and I'm required to pay close attention to what I'm listening to. Usually, I can compensate by reading lips in a crowd or just pretending I have some idea of what's going on. It doesn't bother me unless people get upset with me for not understanding what's being said because they're unaware of the issue, or when I miss something that's actually important. Most of the time it's just funny.
I'm sitting here on the couch, and I was kind of staring off into space and half listening to the TV, thinking about what I need to do next- very busy day ahead of me. I hear this little jingle and an ad for "Jesus Sticks." For some reason this didn't phase me at all, until I listened a little closer and realized I had no idea what Jesus Sticks are. Turns out there is a new cracker out there- Cheez-It Sticks. A big relief. For a minute there I was very concerned. I thought it was new line of Jesus-themed snacks. That said, I'm going to take a shower now. I don't have to be responsible for listening to anything but running water in there.

No comments: