27 April 2007

In search of a big margarita...

Well, we are not getting the house. Turns out the seller is shadier than we had orginally assumed. The structural inspection was yesterday, and that nice guy left us without a way to heat the water, AND without plumbing in the entire house. I don't know how he sleeps at night.
Originally, I was devastated. The house is such a sweet little place, and we had been dreaming too hard about it. It's tough, doing so much and busting our hineys to close, and then having this, but it's better to find out now than 6 months down the road, right?
But, I was falling asleep last night, watching the rain and snuggling next to my sweet husband (who let me cry my eyes out all over him), and I was thinking about everything we already have, and I can't complain one bit. God is so good to us, and we have so much. We have a beautiful little girl on the way, we have a wonderful marriage, we have a little roof over our heads, and we have enough to eat and pay the bills. How can we complain? We will keep looking, and we know that God will send us our home in His own time.
We have decided that we are going to go out to a nice, romantic dinner this weekend, at Rocky Gap, and we're just going to enjoy one more weekend of quiet and solitude. :-) Life is good.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry Laura. It sounded like such a wonderful home. Yes, there are people out there that are not the nicest people.

You will find the right one too. It is hard once you start seeing yourself living there but your are settled into a place right now too.

You have a lot going on and maybe it was a way to have you take it easy towards the end of your pregancy and only focus on that.

Baby Lucy will require all your waking moments and glady wake you up during your sleeping moments!

It is a good thing your inspector did such a good job....he protected you.

I know it isn't easy when you want something so badly but it will really work out in the end.

Just take care of yourself and everything else will fall into place.

Your dad and I, and Meghan and Maddy are thinking of you everyday!

We can't wait to know when Lucy has made her grand entrance into this world.

Take Care,
Tammy

Anonymous said...

That's a shame you guys didn't get the house after all that hassle. Everything happens for a reason though, right? God is looking out for you guys and I guess that house wasn't right for you right now.
-Kandi

Anonymous said...

ok, its settled, we are still haivng a date this weekend, without the paint and sweat. well, maybe a little sweat, cause you make me all hot and bothered, laura-love. anyway, ice cream, perhaps a movie, and lots of giggles will fill our funtime. you trust god, and he's taking care of his kids...no worries, you know something better is on the horizon. call me, or i will call you!!!

-the suz

Anonymous said...

O.K., here I go trying to write to your blog.
I LOVE your blog. It makes me happy!! It is such a great way to stay up on your happenings, of which you guys have many. Whew! Takes us back to the early days of our own marriage and family.
May God bless you mightily in the days ahead as you wait for "Miss Lucy". We will be waiting for the phone to ring. When Shelly called early this a.m. of course we thought it was YOU! One of these days.......
We love all three of you mucho and you are in our prayers.
And now.....I will see if I can post this.
Hugs!
Grandma

Anonymous said...

Grandma Susie successfully commented!

She should create her own blog! I would definitely read it everyday.

Can't wait for our weekend (with Ms. Mangas?)

LOVE, ANDREW

Anonymous said...

soooo, this means there is a date in the works? sweeeeeeet. my mom should be sending your box of goodies quite soon, and then you will get to open more presents!

-suz-erific

Anonymous said...

Oh, my gosh, what a funny picture, Laura.
And what, pray tell, is a Squillionaire?? Can we look forward to hearing more about this in an up-coming blog?
We love the picture. What is that thing, anyway? Anything for laughs, I say.
Love you three,
Grandma and Grandpa